IT Programme Manager, Education sector
£60-70k basic + 15% bonus + car allowance + benefits
A unique opportunity for a high calibre IT Programme Manager to move into the highly rewarding education sector and take on a newly created senior role in a fast-growth managed services area of RM, the UK's 'Top IT Employer'.
Our London Managed Services group deliver multi-£m PFI & BSF (Building Schools for the Future) 5-10 year ICT contracts across many schools. The principal project themes involve working with architects and builders to create innovative environments where ICT is at the very heart of modern learning, implementing exciting technology and ensuring that this is available, fully utilised and ultimately leads to educational transformation.
As the number of London projects and delivery staff grow rapidly (45 to 80 staff this year) we've created a new role to oversee and coordinate the entire London project portfolio and critically shape how RM delivers large projects by influencing across multiple departments.
Based at our Oxfordshire HQ and reporting to the overall London Projects Director, this is a critical role within a fast-growth area of RM. Success in this role will demonstrate the ability to take on further career progression opportunities.
* Provide expert programme management and a 'big picture' view across the various project work-streams for all London PFI / BSF projects
* Lead and support up to 7 PMs. Own the overall programme plans, understand commitments, identify resource requirements & risks, monitor and report on progress
* Identify and own activities that will improve efficiency across all projects
* Manage the interface between London Project teams and internal RM Departments
* Direct and develop the central programme office, creating and maintaining practises
* Act as a point of escalation on specific project issues (in London ~ once a week), albeit role is much more internal stakeholder and internal process & structure focused
* Of graduate calibre with an exceptional track record of successfully delivering complex £5m+ external customer & internal IT programmes with multiple disciplinary teams / stakeholders
* Very strong process orientation, Prince2 Practitioner / MSP qualified, used to driving multiple parallel activities with complex interrelationships. Ability to enforce process and standards without stifling creativity.
* High level of intellect, first class interpersonal and communication skills. Able to influence at levels across a diverse and complex business structure
* ITIL would be useful, previous education sector experience isn't essential, business change management is advantageous, proven commercial awareness and acumen
Why you should consider this role
* Opportunity to help shape and transform how RM delivers large contracts
* The education sector is not only well placed to weather the current economic storm, but is currently providing a significant level of opportunities and business growth
* Working within the sector provides a fast-changing, challenging and hugely rewarding environment where you can really make a recognisable and valuable difference
* Recently awarded the 'UK's Top IT Employer', RM is the leading provider of innovative IT solutions to the education sector with over 2000 staff globally and revenues exceeding £270m.
To apply online visit rmcareers.co.uk using job reference '2486'. Relocation assistance could be provided.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Abingdon, Oxfordshire, South East, Swindon, Reading, Oxford, Newbury
Salary : £60-70k + bonus
Date Advertised : 25 Dec 2008
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.