Berkshire Healthcare NHS
£11,000, minimum 3 days per month
The Trust is seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director to succeed Lynne Graham who is stepping down at the end of 2012 after more than four years' service. Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a dynamic and successful healthcare provider with an experienced Board and an active Council of Governors. The Trust provides healthcare to some of the most vulnerable people in Berkshire including those with long term physical illness, those with mental ill-health, people with learning disabilities and those who are frail and elderly. Most of our services are delivered in the community, though the Trust also provides in-patient treatment where this is appropriate. At a challenging time for all NHS providers, the new NED will help Berkshire Healthcare continuously improve its service to patients and carers and achieve a new strategic goal: to expand further where the Trust can add value in providing health and social care as close to patients' homes as possible.
- As a member of the Board, develop and shape the corporate agenda and ensure that the best interests of patients and local communities are always at the heart of what we do.
- Provide guidance, strategic advice and constructive challenge to the executive team, further driving a culture of performance, innovation and excellence.
- Be an ambassador for the Trust working in close partnership with clinicians, managers, the Council of Governors and external stakeholders across the county.
- Senior leadership experience in the public, private or third sectors, ideally at Board level or equivalent.
- A sympathetic understanding and experience of "customer-driven" organisations with the ability to apply these principles to the work of an NHS healthcare provider.
- An understanding of the need to transform service delivery in order to secure higher quality, more cost-effective treatment and an engaged workforce.
- Commercial awareness and focus on improving patient care and a commitment to the ethos of public service and the NHS.
To find out more, please see website:
odgersberndtson.co.uk/gb/executive-opportunities/opportunity-details/41144/ for a candidate brief containing application instructions or contact us quoting reference CAG/41144. Closing date for applications is Friday 23 November 2012.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity. Appointments are made on merit.
11 11 Hanover Square,
London W1S 1JJ.
0207 529 1111
Job Type : Part-Time
Location : Bracknell
Salary : £11,000
Date Advertised : 09 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.