The Pinewood Studios Group comprises Pinewood, Shepperton and Teddington Studios and offers the widest range of television & film studios and production-related services in the UK.
The Pinewood Studios Group currently has a vacancy for an I.T Apprentice based at Pinewood Studios. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working, articulate and confident individual who has an ambition to work in a world famous Film and Television Studio.
Reporting to the Group I.T Manager the purpose of the role is to assist with the smooth day to day running of I.T functions across the Pinewood Group.
Working within a small, busy Technology team, the role will be varied and duties will include;
* First line desktop software and hardware support by taking internal calls, logging faults and resolving as appropriate.
* Onsite support for users, including visits to all 3 Studios (full driving license required).
* Assist with setting up user/email accounts.
* Assist setting up and supporting mobile devices.
* Maintaining IT systems.
* Assisting other members of the Technology team with various tasks such as setting up video conferencing equipment, network infrastructure installs and connecting desk phones.
Alongside the I.T day job you will complete an Intermediate Apprenticeship, IT Users - ITQ L2 at Amersham and Wycombe College. The programme will last approximately 15 months depending on your experience.
Competencies & Qualifications:
* Applicants should have a strong desire to want to work in I.T.
* I.T knowledge would be beneficial although you would receive onsite training.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word).
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Confident in dealing with telephone queries.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
* Highly self motivated, proactive, personable team player.
As an equal opportunities employer we are looking to the local community to source an ideal applicant.
If you would like to apply for this role please forward a CV and covering letter to Deadline: 23rd November 2012.
Salary £15,000.00 pa
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Slough, Berkshire
Salary : £15,000.00 pa
Date Advertised : 15 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.