NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
NHS Foundation Trust
NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Minimum 3 days per month
£11,110 - Bracknell
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a dynamic and successful healthcare provider with an experienced Board and an active Council of Governors. The Trust gives healthcare to some of the most vulnerable people in Berkshire including those with long term physical illness, those with mental ill-health, people with learning disabilities and those who are frail and elderly. Most of our services are delivered in the community, though the Trust also provides in-patient treatment where this is appropriate. At a highly challenging time for all NHS providers, the Trust is striving to continuously improve its services to patients and carers and to add value in partnership with others by providing more effective care and treatment as close to patients' homes as possible. We are seeking a new Non Executive Director to join our Board who will bring passion and commitment with the capability to use their expertise to drive improvements in the services we provide.
- As a member of the Board, develop and shape the corporate agenda and ensure that the best interests of patients and local communities are always at the heart of what we do.
- Provide guidance, strategic advice and constructive challenge to the executive team, further driving a culture of performance, value for money, innovation and excellence.
- Be an ambassador for the Trust working in close partnership with clinicians, managers, the Council of governors and external stakeholders across the county.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
- Senior leadership experience in the public, private or third sectors, ideally at Board level or equivalent.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of driving major change programmes aimed at improving service quality, workforce engagement and financial efficiency.
- Financial literacy, able to support and challenge the organisation's management of its resources within an increasingly tough environment - an accounting qualification woudl be highly desirable.
- Commercial awareness and focus on improving patient care and a commitment to the ethos of public service and the NHS.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity. Appointments are made on merit.
To find out more, please visit our website for a candidate brief containing application instructions, or contact us quoting the reference CWH/47178
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th March 2014.
20 Cannon Street, London EC4M 6XD
+44 20 7529 1111
Job Type : Part-Time
Location : Bracknell
Salary : £11,110
Date Advertised : 13 Mar 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.