E & I TECHNICIANS
Scotia Gas Networks
E & I TECHNICIANS
Scotia Gas Networks is a consortium with Scottish and Southern Energy as the major partner. It operates two of the largest regional gas distribution networks in the UK, delivering gas to 5.8 million customers safely, reliably and efficiently. An opportunity has arisen for Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians working for our operational Maintenance function, covering our Southern Network.
You will work on electrical and instrumentation systems on operational sites and also on the associated control systems for the gas supply network. You will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and instruments. The role involves working both indoors and outdoors, often on your own but as an integral part of a wider team, and at times in direct contact with customers.
Key Activities include:
- The maintenance and installation of instrumentation/electrical operational plant and installations located in hazardous and non-hazardous areas, this includes gas flow measurement, analysis and treatment equipment.
- Fault finding and repair of instrumentation/electrical systems.
- DSEAR site assessments under Haz 3.
- Process control systems, telemetry units, primary instrumentation, low voltage power supplies and batteries, fire and gas detection equipment.
- Test and Commissioning of minor project works.
- Carry out site inspections and post maintenance audits as required.
- Mentoring and Assessing of Apprentices or new recruits.
- Supervising of Contractors.
- Checking and approving maintenance results and readings.
- Installation, and maintenance of metering Dataloggers using DC2000 software.
- Hazardous area classification for metering equipment under IGEM/GM/7.
- Installation and commissioning of energy management interface devices.
You will need to demonstrate an excellent attitude to safety and have good IT skills. In addition, you will have good communication skills, including the ability to mentor and provide on the job training to apprentices; and good customer liaison skills. The role involves working both indoors and outdoors in all weathers, plus working at heights and in confined spaces.
You will be expected to participate in a standby rota. ComPex qualification and EL6 Registration is preferred but not essential.
The post involves regular travel and therefore a full valid UK driver's licence is required.
To apply, please download an application form from our website: sgn.co.uk or request one via email.
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or returned by post to the address shown on the top of the application form.
All applications must quote reference number 1478EXT.
Applications must be received by close of business on: 23 May 2014.
SGN is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Berkshire
Salary : n/a
Date Advertised : 01 May 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.