Brookfields Specialist SEN School
Sage Road, Tilehurst, Reading RG31 6SW
Brookfields Special School caters for 219 pupils aged 2 to 19 with moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties. There is a high number of pupils with autism as well as an increasing number of pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties. The school has a specialist Sensory Resource on-site as well as Autism & Bahaviour Support Services.
In September 2010, Ofsted rated our school as 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Exciting opportunities to join this 'Outstanding School' (Ofsted 2010) from September 2014.
Starting September 2014
Actual salary £2,932 to £3,378 per annum
Two hours a day, term time only
We are looking for individuals who would be able to contribute to the school's continuing improvement as well as the lives of the pupils. This role of the Lunchtime Controller is varied, stimulating and rewarding:
- To assist with the supervision of children remaining on the school premises at lunch times. This includes ensuring the health and safety and general welfare of the pupils being supervised.
- To assist children in washing etc. In preparation for taking their midday meal and afternoon lessons.
- To monitor the children's activities prior to, during and after the lunch time meal as required.
- To assist in the preparation for and tidying up after the lunchtime meal.
- To assist in the conveyance of children between school buildings.
- To report accidents to the duty member of staff and where necessary seek the advice and support of a first aider.
- To alert Headteacher of any health and safety concerns relating to lunch time activities.
Closing date@ Noon on 28th July 2014
Interview date: 1st August 2014.
If you are interested in these challenging and rewarding roles, please visit the school website for the full job description and an application pack (click 'Apply Now' link) or telephone the school on 0118 942 1382 for more details and/or to arrange a visit.
The school is committed to the safeguarding of children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS checks. We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.
Job Type : Part-Time
Location : Reading
Salary : £2,932 - £3,378 pa
Date Advertised : 17 Jul 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.